Saturday, January 15, 2011

9 Miles!

This morning I ran about 9 miles in 1:40:00! While not super fast, it's still pretty awesome if you ask me.

The half marathon isn't until May, so I think I'll be very ready for it! I think I'm really going to focus on speed during the week, and then on the weekends get 8-12 mile runs in most of the time. I don't like following a particular plan; I think it kind of takes the fun out of running. I want to run when, where, and for how long I want to run at that time! So I think this flexible plan should work very well for me.

To prepare for my long run today, I devoured this last night -


Mac and Chreese with roasted broccoli! You've probably seen this before :) We were supposed to have this on Thursday, but we went to Granite City for dinner that night instead. Whoops!

Last night we also went to Dairy Queen for Blizzards. Not very healthy of me, but it's been so long since we've had actual ice cream - it was a nice treat. Treats in moderation, right?

We turned in early last night after watching an episode of The Wire (it's so good!) so we could be rested for our day.

Right now I'm sipping this to recover from my run -


1 cup of unsweetened soymilk, 1 cup of frozen blueberries, and 1 frozen banana. Yum!

Well I need to go get ready for the day! Our plan today is to get some errands done (recycling, pharmacy, etc..), go eat Indian food, and then probably head to JL Beers to enjoy some brew while watching football. Go Packers!!

I think it's going to be a wonderful day. I hope yours is, too :)

~Kasey

No comments:

Post a Comment