Sunday, January 9, 2011

Groceries

Good Morning!

This morning, Dillon and I got up early to grocery shop. It's becoming out Sunday morning tradition. First we stopped at a local coffee shop for muffins and drinks - it's fun to have something different for breakfast once and awhile. Plus, we were out of bananas!

Here's what we got for food for the week:



Produce
onion
potatoes
celery
apples
bananas
broccoli
brussel sprouts
salad
clementines

Grains
bread
wraps

Protein
tofu
black beans
chickpeas
soymilk
veggie burgers

Other
cinnamon
salsa
pizza sauce
pretzels
cucumber water and coconut water - impulse buys!

All of our weekly food was just under $70 - not too bad. It stays consistently in that price range each week. I'll share my menu plan later

After we got home we went on a cleaning spree. All the floors and swept or vacuumed, surfaces dusted and wiped down. We even re-arranged the kitchen a bit and hung some pictures.


Look at the cute new apron Dillon got me for Christmas. I love it! Also note to silly pig-tails. Dillon likes when I wear my hair like this, so I like to humor him sometimes :)

Well now we're off to run some more errands. We prepared the Guiness Stew in the crockpot already for dinner, and I'll be making some Beer Bread to go along with it once we get home. Recipes for those coming soon!

Have a great Sunday :)
~Kasey

No comments:

Post a Comment