Sunday, January 16, 2011

"It's the best pizza I've ever had"

Says Dillon after his first couple bites of the pizza I made from scratch for dinner.




Look at that crust! Made from this recipe. You really can't go wrong with Mark Bittman's recipes! The toppings included tomato sauce, kale, red pepper, onion, and dayia cheese. Mmmmmm

And for dessert - 


Looks like cookie dough, doesn't it? Well it's much better for you than that! Here's what I used:

Dessert Hummus adapted from The Wannabe Chef
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tbsp vanilla
1/4 cup chocolate chips

All you do is blend the first 4 ingredients together in a blender or food processor until smooth. Then fold in the chocolate chips.

It tastes like peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough... but without the guilt that usually comes with  eating a bunch of cookie dough! I know it seems weird, but believe me... it's delicious!

I told you I've been a busy bee in the kitchen today; My food processor and I are exhausted!

I'm off to eat some more of my dessert hummus. Good night :)

~Kasey

1 comment:

  1. So glad you liked the hummus! Pretzels are an excellent scooper. The saltiness really brings out the sweet.

    ReplyDelete