Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Banana Cinnamon Oatmeal

Good Morning!

I did in fact stay cozy in my bed this morning instead of going to the gym. My plan was to get up and a yoga podcast, but I woke up with a headache. So I slept an extra hour and took some ibuprofen, and I feel a bit better.

Since it's so cold outside, I thought today would be a good day for oatmeal! As I've mentioned before, I eat this pretty much every morning. Today I made oatmeal with the same flavors.


In the mix:
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup unsweetened soymilk
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 banana
cinnamon

Cook the first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan and cook until bubbly. Add more liquid if you like soupier oatmeal. Then pour into a bowl and add toppings.


It was very good! I did miss my toast combo, but I did enjoy this warm breakfast for a change.

Well I must get ready for work. Have a great day!

~Kasey

No comments:

Post a Comment