Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

Well hello, again. I'm sorry for my lengthy absence, but I've been recovering from being so busy for the last couple of months. After I got home from celebrating my graduation with my family, I kind of shut down. I've been doing a lot of nothing, which has been a much needed break!

Last week, I starting working full time! I work 10-6:30, which isn't bad at all. It gives me plenty of time to workout in the morning and still get home soon enough to make dinner.

In honor of the new year, I thought I would share some of the things I want to work on this year! Hopefully you all will help me stick to my plan :)

My 11 goals for 2011

1. Plan more weekly meals and stick to the plan

2. Practice Piano and Guitar more


3. Read regularly
-------no computer past 10


4. Keep a more regular workout plan

5. Run 2 half-marathons
------work up to a long run of at least 15 miles

6. Ride my bike more

7. Listen to my body better
------in regards to hunger, eating, working out, resting, etc..

8. Stick to a normal sleep schedule
------in bed by 11, up at 7 ~ keep close to that even on my days off

9. Develop my blog

10. Create some of my own recipes

11. Keep pursuing what makes me happy

See, these aren't big lofty goals. They are just little things that I want to work on! I'll have to check up on these periodically to monitor my progress.

I hope you had a wonderful New Years celebration. We had a blizzard that lasted for about 3 days over the weekend, so we had a quiet night in. Being on the roads was not worth it!

I'm excited to start a new week. I have a meal and workout plan already made; now all I have to do is follow it! I love making plans- that's the easy part. I just sometimes have a hard time following those plans. Hopefully I have some more success with that this week.

I'll be back soon to share my weekly menu. I hope to share that each week, along with highlight some of the new recipes. Blogging the cooking of each meal isn't really going to be very practical. It will still happen sometimes, but when I get home at 6:30, I'm usually starving! All I want to do is get food made and eat it :) I think my body will get used to the schedule, and my ravenous hunger at that time will lessen.

Ok- I'm off to prep some food for the week. If you made some New Years goals - good luck!

Remember - It takes about 21 days to make a habit. Stick with it!

~Kasey

1 comment:

  1. I work til 6:30 too - don't waste your morning time!! Otherwise you will end up feeling frazzled in the evenings. Congrats on graduation and I can't wait to see this menu!

    ReplyDelete