Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Favorite Hummus

Happy Sunday, Everyone!

We ended up having a great day yesterday. I made a spur-of-the-moment decision to do this -


I got my nose pierced! I've been wanting to do this forever and the parlor where I've gotten my tattoos done was having a special and piercings. $10 for piercing and jewelry because they were training an apprentice. Lucky me, though, because the trainee was too busy, and I got the professional to do it for the discounted price! It was only a little painful, but Dillon held my hand so it was ok. It doesn't even hurt today. I just love it!

This morning I got up to do a bit of cross-training after my long run yesterday. I did 30 minutes on the stationary bike and some weights. I need to make a point to do cross training so I don't get burned out from running.

Then Dillon and I did our normal grocery shopping. I couldn't wait to get home to make hummus since I've been out for a few days.  I make the same recipe every time because I just love it - so I thought I'd share it with you!

My Favorite Hummus
1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
~ 1/2 cup reserved chickpea water
4 tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup tahini
4 garlic cloves
ground pepper to taste


To start, drain and rise the chickpeas, but make sure to keep about 1/2 cup of the chickpea water to add to the mix. Then add all ingredients to the food processor, but use the chickpea water sparingly so you're able to adjust the thickness later. 


Then just blend, blend, and blend - scraping the sides and adding any more chickpea water as needed. I let it blend for a very long time, probably 5-9 minutes for so, because I like really smooth hummus.


Put it into a container, and then you're done! Easy as that :) It's garlicy and delicious! 

This morning I also made peanut butter (sooo good), and pizza dough for later tonight. I've been a busy bee!

Now I'm going to watch some more football with my love (and kitty!). Have a great day :)

~Kasey

2 comments:

  1. You made peanut butter?? Looks like another thing you should share on here! Or maybe you did already? I can't remember...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do need to share that! I just forgot to take pictures. Next time.. :)

    ReplyDelete