Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Roasted Veggies

Hello Everyone!

We made it more than halfway through the work week! Yay :) I can definitely feel that mid-week slump setting in. School started back up yesterday, and I'm so glad I just get to focus on work now. It's so nice to not have to worry about school work. I just do my job and come home with nothing I have to work on or stress about. It's a nice feeling!

To fight off my mid-week fatigue, I made a bunch of roasted veggies for dinner! I cut them up this morning, so the only prep I'd have to do after work was season them. Our favorite combo of seasoning is olive oil, salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast. Simple and delicious.


Dillon and I absolutely love roasted broccoli, and we decided to give brussel sprouts another try. This time I cut them into smaller pieces so they were able to cook better.

I roasted them at 375 ° for 15-20 minutes.


Mmmmm, veggie perfection. We were loving the brussel sprouts this time.

While they were cooking, I made burgers to go along with them.


I pan grilled one of Amy's American veggie burgers (my fave!) and served it over Ezekiel bread with ketchup, kale, nutritional yeast, and onion. I made Dillon a turkey burger with the same fixings.

This very satisfying meal was made, eaten, and cleaned up in less than 40 minutes. Success!!

Well I'm off to watch Law and Order SVU - it's one of the only shows I try to catch each week. I'm amazed that there have been soooooo many seasons of it, and yet it is still so interesting and entertaining. 

~Kasey

No comments:

Post a Comment