Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Green Monster

Sound Scary?

Its not - it is very delicious and nutritious!

Since I got my VitaMix, I've found a new appreciation for this fun drink.

Here is an oldie, but a goodie, combination.


1 cup unsweetened soymilk, 1 frozen banana - I always have frozen bananas because I throw any that are getting too ripe in the freezer for later - 1 tbsp of peanut butter - homemade, recipe coming soon - 1 tbsp ground flax, 2 large handfulls of spinach.

Put all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth ~ 1-2 minutes.


Mmmm, green goodness! It looks strange, but its so delicious, and there are so many different ingredients you could use! Its fun to experiment, and its especially a great post-workout drink!

Speaking of workouts, my last few have been especially awesome! I'm beginning to notice improvements in my running, especially in regards to speed. Its awesome to finally be able to see a difference!

I've also been really enjoying using the stationary bike after I run. Today, for example, I ran for 30 minutes and then rode the bike for 20. I love the extra cardio without all the impact. And, well, I really miss riding my bike! I can't wait for Spring; I'm so over Winter.

Well I must go get ready for work. Have a great day!

~Kasey

No comments:

Post a Comment