Monday, February 7, 2011

Yesterday...

The Packers won!!! ... And I over-did it food wise.

Remember when I said we were having trouble getting reception from Fox? Well not even 5 minutes into the game we lost it. The only way it would come in is if it was propped up strangely and I kneeled or stood in a certain place.

Well that was not going to work, so we quickly walked over to one of our favorite bar and grills - Granite City, to watch the game. Luckily it was really slow there, and we had a good view of the game. Of course we ordered some food and drinks, even though we'd already had a couple drinks at home and had some of the Spinach Artichoke Dip I was excited about - which was very good!

3 hours, 1 football game, a couple soft pretzels, more beer, and half a cookie dessert later - I'm too full, and I knew I over-did it.

But you know what? That's ok. Its taken me so long to not feel guilty over times like that, but really - its ok.

I had a wonderful time with my husband, and indulged in some foods I don't normally eat. I'm human :) I did go over on calories (obviously..), but I used that as motivation to have a great workout today! I'm up on the scale a bit, but that's due to bloating, not real weight gain. It would be very difficult to gain 3 pounds in one day! I'm sure the bloat will go away in the next few days as I focus again on fueling my body with whole foods.

I guess the point of this post is to say that its ok to indulge sometimes; its not something to feel guilty about! I try to live by doing things that make me happy, and outings like this are fun! Now we'll always have good memories about this Superbowl to look back on.

Sorry there was no pictures today, hopefully tomorrow because today is iPhone day!! My iPhone will be delivered by 3pm today, so expect more meal pictures to come soon. I'm so excited :)

Have a great Monday!

~Kasey

No comments:

Post a Comment