Sunday, February 27, 2011

Recently...

I re-discovered my love for oats and coffee (french press, please!).


Cuddled with my cute kitty.


Drank green smoothies.


Had a fun dinner date with friends! 


Walked down by the river, in awe that soon all the land around it would soon be underwater.


Made wonderful granola bars, that are actually pretty nutritious, unlike most packaged bars.


Ingredients: 
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup crushed Quaker Oatmeal Squares
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup chopped mission figs
1 tbsp chia seeds
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup brown rice syrup
1/4 cup honey

Mix together dry ingredients, set aside. Mix together wet ingredients and microwave until it can be stirred smoother. Add wet to dry and mix. Line a square pan with parchment, plastic, or tinfoil, and press mixture into pan. Place in refrigerator to until bars stick together well, and then cut into 12 bars.



Yum! And the nutrition facts - 


Not too shabby! I just used whatever random ingredients I had on hand to make these, so feel free to sub whatever you like. Just make sure to have a good wet to dry ratio to keep the bars together. Much cheaper and healthier than store bought :)

And with that, I'm off! I enjoyed a weekend of rest and fun, and now tomorrow I start my 12-week half-marathon plan! I can't believe it's only 3 months away. I'll share that soon :)

I hope you had a fabulous weekend!

~Kasey

1 comment:

  1. Ok now i need to make granola bars. Those looked fabuolous!!

    ReplyDelete