Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Day in Food

Today I had another pretty good day!

I took a much needed rest day from the gym, and woke up without my alarm! It always feels nice to wake up on my own :)

Breakfast was the usual.


Ezekiel bread with almond butter, banana, and cinnamon. Served with hot lemon water. I haven't had any coffee in almost a week! Not that I think anything is wrong with coffee, but I know I had been over-doing it with the caffeine. Hot lemon water is so refreshing!

I enjoyed this while having some me time, blogging, reading, getting ready for work, etc..

Then I had my first snack at work.


An organic apple and 12 almonds - which is half a serving. I eat a nut + fruit combo pretty much every work day for a snack. It's a great carb/fat combo that helps keep me satisfied. 

Then before I knew it - It was lunchtime!


4 cups of romaine, 2 tbsp of light zesty italian dressing, 2 carrots, another apple, and a clementine. Lots of delicious raw food!

2 hours later I had my last break and another snack.


Another clementine with the other 1/2 serving of almonds. 

It was so sunny outside!! I always pick the spot in the break room that's in the sun when I can. I miss the sun! It's been such a long winter.

After I got home I was feeling lazy, so diner was pretty uninspiring.


A sandwich thin with 1 tbsp almond butter and 1 tbsp jam, some tortilla chips, and salsa (shared with Dillon, of course)

Then I wanted something sweet - Banana Ice Cream!


1.5 frozen bananas, 1 tsp cocoa powder, and a splash of soymilk. Process until smooth!


It's just like soft-serve! And only 100 calories - so much healthier and cheaper!

Calories consumed today: 1255 - I may end up having another small snack during Parenthood. We'll see if I get hungry again, but overall, a good food day for no workout!

Parenthood is almost on, so I'd better wrap this up. I'm loving my iPhone for taking these pictures. It's so easy. I just can't get enough of it :)

I have tomorrow off (Woo!) because I have training on Saturday, and I already have a list of things I want to get done. It should be a good, productive day!

Hope you had a great day!

~Kasey

No comments:

Post a Comment